Happy Hump Day Lovies!!
I am sitting here today writing you from my kitchen table…still pregers! My due date has come and gone – le sigh! However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If I don’t go “naturally” today I am scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning – halleluia! With that being said I went ahead and contacted some of my favorite blogging friends to see if they would do some guest posts while I’m out on “maternity leave” these next few weeks. I might throw in a post and add my two cents every once & awhile, but to keep you entertained until we adjust to our “new normal” we have a full/awesome line-up. First on the list is Natalie from East Coast Chic. You can learn more about her below as well as on her blog, so please show her some Pampers & Pearls love! Talk to y’all soon!!!
Hi Everyone! I am so happy to be here today to help out Morgan as she gets ready for Baby #2. I am so excited for her family and can’t wait to hear if it’s a boy or a girl! If you don’t know me, my name is Natalie and I blog over at East Coast Chic. I write about my love of fashion, interior design, and life with my husband and two crazy toddler boys. Stop by and say Hi if you’re new!
Today I am sharing with you all my current favorite drugstore beauty buys. I usually keep a mix of drugstore and department store beauty items and I love giving new things a try. All of the products shown below I’ve started using (or using again) within the last three months. Keep reading to see what I think about them.
1. Cover Girl Clump Crusher– I picked this up after I had heard good things from a few people and I have to say they were right. It gives you the perfect amount of volume but doesn’t give you that spidery eyelash look.
2. Maybelline Lash Discovery– I actually use two mascaras every day and this is my current lengthening one. I’ve used it a few times over the years but I forgot how good it is until I picked it up a few weeks ago. The small brush really lets you separate and lengthen each lash.
3. Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette– This was another one that I saw a few people post about so I had to give it a try. First of all it’s much cheaper than the department store brand shadow palettes and I have to say it a pretty good job of competing with them. I love all the colors and it has a great mix of matte and shimmery. I would suggest using an eye shadow primer as I’ve found they wear off a bit faster.
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo– This might be the holy grail of drugstore dry shampoo. I used to use the Matrix brand but this one blows it out of the water! I have fine hair that gets really greasy and I find it almost impossible to skip washing my hair. This dry shampoo has been so good. It really gives me the body and puff I need without making my hair more greasy which some in the past have done. I can get at least one, if not two, extra days out it.
5. Maybelline Dream Fresh Face BB Cream– Love love love this BB cream! I have tried so many through the years and none of them have really worked or just didn’t look right. I can’t remember who recommended this to me but I’m so glad I gave it a try. It’s now part of my everyday makeup routine and I rarely leave home without it. It’s my go-to if I don’t feel like wearing a heavy foundation and it really works to even out my skin tone.
6. Elf Golden Bronzer– I picked this up on a whim at Target one day when I was out of my usual bronzer and I’m so glad I did. It does have a bit of shimmer in it but I love that it’s a lighter bronzer so it can give me a little glow without looking like I’ve caked bronzer all over my face.
7. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Eyeliner– So I saw this while watching a youtube makeup video, because yes sometimes I watch those! I use this one to line my under eyes because the kohl liner is more waterproof and won’t smudge off watery eyes. Which is key for me especially during allergy season.
8. CeraVe Eye Repair Cream– I have a really hard time finding eye creams that don’t make my eyes water. So I decided to give this a try after seeing it on a dermatologists suggestion list. While I don’t think it’s been doing major things to my under eyes (I think I still need to sleep more and stress less) I do think it’s helped a little bit and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes.
9. Loreal Linear Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner– I’m pretty much the worst at liquid eyeliner but I love the way it looks on other people so I was determined to find one I loved. So I googled and read reviews and this one came up as the most idiot proof liquid liner and they were right! It goes on really easily and the handle on the liner gives you plenty of control. I’m still not a pro but this is the best I’ve found.
So there you have it! Do you like drugstore make up? What are some of your favorite items? XOXO,